Frontend Developer (UI development)
iWelcome is looking for a new colleague to join our agile Professional Services team with a focus on frontend (UI) development. The frontend developer will work closely with the product owner, backend (Java) developers and testers. It is the frontend developer’s responsibility to deliver and maintain a global style, plus web and accessibility standards across the various sites and platforms that make up our customers online presence. Furthermore we expect you to stay up to date with technology developments and work with the team to adopt these to make sure we offer our customers the best possible experience.
Required skills, experience
iWelcome is looking for a professional who:
- Has developed user experiences that elegantly balance product and business requirements;
- Has experience building complex web-based software applications;
- Has experience with Agile methodologies and has worked within Agile development teams;
- Has a strong understanding of web standards, accessibility (WCAG1/2) and usability;
- Has extensive knowledge of CSS including CSS driven layout and rapid development;
- Has a strong working knowledge of test tools for automated UI and web-application testing, like for instance Selenium;
- Has experience with cross-browser compatibility, with a strong knowledge of IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and browser-side performance considerations;
- Is preferably familiar with identity and access management (IAM) related concepts like (de)-provisioning, workflow, self-service, delegated administration, authentication, authorisation, SSO and federation;
- Is preferably familiar with IAM standards like SAML, XACML, LDAP, WS-Federation, OAUTH, OpenID, OATH and so forth;
- Is familiar with Linux based development platforms.
Our new colleague:
- Has experience developing intuitive, elegant interfaces for web applications; if this is your first job we’d like to see some of your personal ‘hobby’ projects;
- Has a keen eye for the little details that make or break a great user experience;
- Is dedicated to testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices;
- Is eager to take initiative and collaborate with the rest of the team and is also able to work independently;
- Has the ability to deliver high-quality work in time and on schedule;
- Ensures that development tasks are completed within the timeline provided and that issues are fully tested with minimal defects;
- Has a great understanding of the whole product lifecycle, including production deployment and running your application in a 24×7 and highly secure web environment.
- Has excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience developing identity and access management tools is an absolute pré.
What we have to offer
You’ll be working with a talented group of people at one of the few technology ‘scale up’ companies in The Netherlands to build, sell and operate an innovative Identity and Access Management cloud platform. We have our offices centrally located in Amersfoort (HQ) and Nijmegen, The Netherlands, sales reps in UK and Germany, and our development teams in both the Netherlands as well as Romania.
We have vision, know what we want and have the ambition to make a difference in the IAM market. We expect the same from our colleagues so we make sure we provide everyone with the best possible working environment and actively support career development.
Naturally we offer a full package reflecting your contribution to iWelcome!
When applying, please provide a detailed resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org