What are the most important trends and learnings one year after the GDPR came into full force? Research shows that companies have implemented many GDPR functionalities, but the more challenging requirements, such as consent for use of data, are often left aside. Companies should have consent policies in place, but even if they have they might have difficulties implementing them the right way.
In this webinar, Andre Walter, Data Privacy advisor at BakerMcKenzie, joins the iWelcome ranks to inform you about the state of play. Esther Hoeksema (responsible for iWelcome’s GDPR research) and Andre Walter will update you and share best practices in the field of consent and broader permission management.
Main take-aways from this webinar:
- Why companies should put effort in drafting consent policies.
- Different consent concepts exits in various regulations (e.g. PSD2, ePrivacy, GDPR, healthcare) - what are the similarities and differences?
- Is consent always the 'gold standard', or are there other legal grounds to rely on, providing similar user choices?
- If consent is applied, what are the main compliance aspects companies should consider?
- What are the best practices of how to technically implement consent and/or other user choices.
- You’ll have the chance to ask your GDPR questions to a renowned data privacy specialist.
Date: Tuesday 23 May 2019, 4:00 - 4:45 CEST.
Presenters: Andre Walter (BakerMcKenzie) and Esther Hoeksema (Marketing Manager @ iWelcome).