iWelcome is looking for a new colleague to join its professional services team. He or she will be responsible for on-boarding new customers to iWelcome’s IDaaS platform and for managing professional services engagements that are executed on a time & material or a fixed price basis. The Project Manager has a pivotal role between the customer and iWelcome’s operations, professional service and product organisation. You are a key player for creating the first positive service experience in multi-year commitments during the on-boarding phase of new customers.
iWelcome’s customers are large organisations within the European corporate market. The Project Manager’s drive and experience will be called upon to manage the standard set-up processes as well as customization and integration projects, while maintaining an appropriate balance between the promise of Welcome’s generic cloud offering and the tailoring expectations and requirements of the customer. The Project Manager will report directly to iWelcome’s Manager Professional Services.
iWelcome’s new Project Manager will be responsible for:
- On-boarding new customers by managing all set-up, connection and configuration processes;
- Presales activities and guidance through the complete sales cycle, mandatory in situations that may include customisation work or other professional services activities; Support includes writing and reviewing part of proposals, assist in answering ‘requests for proposals’ / ‘requests for information’;
- Managing Proof-of-concepts and Pilots;
- Identify and quantify the potential (technical) risks to any Professional Services engagement, and prepare mitigation plans to minimize or obviate their impact on the project at the inception as well as throughout the duration of the project;
- Manage professional services projects (time & material and fixed price) within time & budget. Ensure that a project plan is agreed at inception, that at any point of time, status, risk, progress and achievability of milestones / deadlines are available and that deviations are managed timely and accurately. Ensure that all project documentation is accurate and in place and available for team members and iWelcome management on the iWelcome systems;
- Strictly follow communication lines and inform all stakeholders in a timely fashion;
- Escalate issues to iWelcome management at the earliest moment;
- Identify opportunities and provide feedback to the commercial and product development peers;
- Reporting directly to iWelcome’s Manager Delivery & Professional Services.
Requirements and preferred skills
iWelcome is looking for a professional who:
- Has a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree;
- Has 8+ years proven track record in managing ICT and/or change projects within large organisations and has preferably recent experience with IAM and / or cloud and / or infrastructure and / or outsourcing based projects;
- Has worked with project management methodologies like Prince II and is familiar with agile development methodologies like SCRUM and ITIL based operations processes;
- Has understanding of Identity & Access Management and other security related topics;
- Is eager to exceed customer expectations, in balance with iWelcome’s primary business goals;
- Is proactive, communicative and responsive towards (new) customers and other stakeholders;
- Is comfortable in a dynamic environment such as iWelcome, does not show a 9-5 mentality and likes to make a difference;
- Is a fluent speaker and writer in both Dutch and English;
- Is self-motivated, however likes to work as part of an ambitious team.
- Eagerness and ability to learn new systems and skills;
- Ability to connect numbers and data with the business;
- High quality of work, accuracy with eye for detail.
What we have to offer
You’ll be working with a talented group of people at one of the few technology ‘scale up’ companies in The Netherlands. We have our offices centrally located in Amersfoort (HQ), The Netherlands, sales reps in UK and France, and our development teams in both the Netherlands and Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
We have vision, know what we want and have the ambition to make a difference in the IAM market. We expect the same from our colleagues so we make sure we provide everyone with the best possible working environment and actively support career development.
And naturally we offer a full package reflecting your contribution to iWelcome!
Watch the video and you will come to know why you should join iWelcome in the Netherlands.
We are the European Identity as-a-Service Provider and have ambitious growth plans. We work with the latest technology and even innovate on that! You will work in a place where you can make a difference: within the company and even in an entire Industry! We have an international team of the brightest and most innovative individuals on board. And we offer an inspiring work environment and attracting benefits. Our HQ is located in Amersfoort, NLD, just 45 mins travel by train from Amsterdam. Our Development Center is located in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
Want to join and grow your career in the forefront of IAM technology?
Great plan! Please apply through the button below. We will only accept applications with an enthusiastic resume and motivation letter. For any questions you can contact Sabine Jetten, HR Manager, on +31 (0)6 11 82 53 02.